10/22/12

Toxic by Jus Accardo Book Review

Book Review
Reading level: Ages 15 and up
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Entangled Teen
(October 16, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1620610167
ISBN-13: 978-1620610169
When a Six saved Kale's life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she'd lose the one thing she'd give anything to keep... And as if it's not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on him the moment they meet. Worse than that? Jade can touch Kale. But bimbo Barbie is the least of Dez's problems.

After Dez and Kale got away at Sumrun, her father lost not only his most powerful weapon but an important piece of the Supremacy project. Forced by Denazen to remedy the situation, he poisons Dez and offers her a choice--surrender to Denazen for the cure...or die. Determined to find a solution that doesn't involve being bagged and tagged--or losing someone she loves--Dez keeps the poison a secret. But when a rash of Denazen attacks hit a little too close to home, Dez is convinced there's a traitor among them. Jade. Sacrifices, broken promises, and secrets. Dez will have to lay it all on the line if there's any hope of proving Jade's guilt before they all end up Residents of Denazen. Or worse, dead...
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather's footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. At the last minute, she realized her path lay with fiction, not food, and passed on the spot to pursue writing.
 
Jus is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book, Touch was released in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing.

You can stalk her here:
 
 
 
OMFanfreakingtasticGod!!!!!!!
I can´t believe that just happened...
 
Toxic is by far the best book on the Denazen series. I can´t wait to see where Jus Accardo is going to take us next cause in this one I swear I stayed one step away to get commited.
 
Loved, loved LOVED!!!! this book, Dez is her usual self and Kale grows exponentialy, the ups and downs on this one had me glued to the book. I literary couldn´t put it down; I ate with the book and I went to work with it too.
 
OK so, as you guys can see from the blurb, Dez can´t touch Kale anymore but Jade can... I hate that chick so freaking much, I wanted to kick her ass into tomorrow just for looking at Kale. She makes a show out of touching Kale, she enjoys seeing Dez suffer and Kale is such a sweet guy that he doesn´t realize that chick should be hanged by the tongsils... yeah I despise her... so what???
 

This book kept me in my toes, and I enjoyed every damm second of it. There´s a lot of emotional conflict in this one. Dez and Kale need to learn how to interact now that they can´t touch and Barbie Bimbo Jade enjoys herself a little to much with Kale.
 
I also have a conspiracy theory, that I can´t share without giving away way to much, but I´ll say this, it has to do with one of the evil twins from hell. I sooooo hope I´m right!!!!!
 
Another thing I need to get out of my chest is Ginger I so freaking hate you and I hope someone will kick your butt I hate you, hate you, hate you, hate you!!!!!! you are even worse than Jade.
 
How Could you???
 
Juz Accardo is a genious hidding clues about every mayor storyline or plor enigma through the book, I spent more tha half of it chasing ghosts, I was so sure who the traitor was, that I could have bet on it and I would have lost big.
 
When the traitor was finally revealed I was in shock
 
 
This book is so good that I´m devastated, I´ve cried my eyes out since I finished with it, that ending was the best worst thing ever. I can´t believe that happened and I need more!!!!!!
 
 
Toxic is a one of a kind rollercoaster ride into perfection that leaves you begging for some more!!!!
 
Bravo Jus Accardo, Brava!!!!!!!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a ,,must-have" book to me ;) I just added ,,Touch" and ,,Toxic" to my wishlist on goodreads, hope I'll find it in bookshop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete