12/21/11

Airel By Aaron Patterson and Chris White Book Review


Format: Kindle Edition

File Size: 1134 KB

Print Length: 392 pages

Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0982607865

Publisher: StoneHouse Ink; 1 edition (April 26, 2011)

Genre: Young Adult

Language: English

ASIN: B004Y72XFA


About theAuthors:

Aaron Patterson is the author of the best-selling WJA series, as well as two Digital Shorts: 19 and The Craigslist Killer. He was home-schooled and grew up in the west.

Chris loves history, Sherlock Holmes, and anything that's not virtual, like old motorcycles and mechanical typewriters. He also doesn't get why we have these things called "smartphones" when all they do is make people dumber

Goodreads Synopsis

All Airel ever wanted was to be normal, to disappear into the crowd. But bloodlines can produce surprises, like an incredible ability to heal. Then there’s Michael Alexander, the new guy in school, who is impossibly gorgeous…and captivated by her. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she can hear the sound of pages turning, and another, older story being written. It is the story of an ancient family, of great warriors, of the Sword of Light, and the struggle against an evil so terrible, so far-reaching, that it threatens everything. Airel knew change would be an inevitable part of life. But can she hold on when murder and darkness begin to close in and take away everything she loves? Will she have what it takes when the truth is finally revealed?

My Review

First of all i have to say that i hate doing a bad review, but as you can see one of the authors of this book is in the best sellers list so, he should have know better.

I was expecting so much of this book that I have to say that I’m beyond disappointed with what I got.
Let’s talk about the bright side first.
The way the two writers mixed Kreios and Airel Stories was really good, I loved the way the present and the past mixed perfectly, the writting style is beautiful and this book is extremely well written.
the whole Angel Vs Demons, even though it has been done any number of times, in this book it had and unique an interesting quality to it, that for me was the book saver.
What I hated, the fact that the love story had no base what so ever. It was the same old: great character meets boy for half a second and she´s instantly in love and in doing so all the groove she has gets lost and she becomes a drooling morron over a guy that she doesn’t even know.
I too have to say that at least Airel knows how to fend for herself, but that aside she is the same character we have in lots and lots of PNR, nothing great.
Michael, I don’t know what to say about him simply because I know of him the same that Airel knows, that´s the same as nothing and just because of that I dislike him, cause the hole love story is based in a mayor plot hole.
Will I read the next one, maybe but only because I really liked Kim as a character and the way the book ended just didn´t sit right with me.
Overall I would give it maybe a 2.5 stars cause I did enjoy the Kreios part of the book.
by no means im saying people shouldnt read this book, please  dont take my word for it, go buy it an read it Airel wasn´t a good book for me, but maybe it will be for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment