10/19/11

Her Dark Destiny by Dave Ferraro

Author: Dave Ferraro
 
Series: Hunters of the Dark
 
Format: Ebook
 
Reading level: Young Adult
 
Genre: Urban Fantasy
 
Publisher: Self Published (Oct 07 2011)
 
Language: English
 
 
Rating: 5+ out of 5
 
 
Goodreads Synopsis
 
 
Teenager Shanna Hunt has been hunting demons since her parents were murdered by them. She's used to doing things alone, her own way, but one fateful night throws her into the company of a team of hunters, each specializing in a particular kind of monster: vampires, werewolves, witches, shape-shifters... This newly-formed team should be an unstoppable force for whatever is out there picking off individual hunters across the globe, but their first battle together against the monsters of the night could be their last.
 
My Review
 
I had huge expectations for this book and I find myself very very pleased by it.
Her Dark destiny  is an Epic book, it has every single paranormal element I could think of and then some.
Shanna Hunt a young woman, witness to her parents murder by Demons, finds herself part of a world she didn´t knew existed until that day and because of that she becomes a hunter.
At first I was worried about the book being to Buffy for me, but actually it was amazingly good, it´s funny and fresh it has some romance elements, but to me this is Urban Fantasy to its finest.
The characters are unique, each and every one has personality and spark, and the fact that we get to know the inner turmoil of each one, at first was confusing but in the end help to build a feeling of bonding with each and every one of them.
What I liked the most about this book plot aside, was the way Dave Ferraro eased into Homosexuality, Jade is a strong and confident woman who loves and embraces herself for who she is. I loved her character and her “yeah I´m gay, I don´t have a problem with it so why should you?” attitude.
So in one word this book is awesome, intriguing, Epic, magnificent *Uh, that´s more than one word isn´t it?* 
You guys should be on smashwords right know… you still here?, mmm come on guys  hahaha
This is another five star plus muahahahahaha I loved it

No comments:

Post a Comment